Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh


Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh is the book Purple Butterfly fell asleep reading that I wrote about a few days ago. It is one of her favorite books right now, and I really enjoy it, too.

Nelly McNosh and her dog George go for a walk in the park, where George chases after a squirrel, and Mrs. McNosh chases after Geroge. They crash through streams and fountains, weddings and baseball games. Will Mrs. McNosh ever catch her beloved George?

This is a great book to read out loud. The rhyme and cadence are wonderful. The adventure George leads Mrs. McNosh on is just silly and fun. The pictures support and enhance the story and are equally as silly. There are other Mrs. McNosh books by the same author, and I plan on seeing if they are available in our local library the next time we visit. To me, that is the mark of a good children's book - wanting to read more by the same author and/or illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment