Saturday, October 15, 2011

How a bookworm sleeps

My butterfly bookworm wants books with her everywhere. We have books in her bedroom, books in the living room, dining room, kitchen, even the car. I let her have a book or two in bed with her while she's falling alseep. It's not an ideal situation, but if you're trying to get a 2.5 year old who is determined to stay awake her much needed sleep, you're willing to make a few consessions. This is how I found my Purple Butterfly tonight when I checked on her after she went to bed.



The books she is reading is Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh by Sarah Weeks, illustrated by Nadine Bernard Wescott. It's one of her recent favorites. I moved the book after I took the picture, and she didn't ever stir. The poor thing must be worn out from her cold and the trip we took today to pumpkin patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment