Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

Happy New Year! I hope 2013 find everyone well. Yes, it's that time again, time for resolutions. I made quite a few last year, and actually followed through on some of them! So here I am making some again. Bare with me, I hope this will be short.

1. Read more, both to my kids and for myself
This is supposed to be a blog about reading to my kids. Somehow we've gotten away from as much reading as we used to do. I want to get back to reading 10 or 20 books in a day. So I resolve to read more to my kids. I also resolve to read more myself. I go through spurts of devouring books, and then I hit a book I consider a dud, and my e-reader languishes on my bedside table. I need to correct that.

2. Be more patient
Not sure what my game plan is for this one, other than deep breaths, trying to change my POV, making sure I'm as rested as I can be (and realizing when I'm not) and prayer. I've made strides in the past year, but I definitely need more work.

3. Blog more
I don't know if anyone reads this blog, but at some point in my life, I used to enjoy writing. I think this blog will help me get that enjoyment back.

4. Learn how to use my camera
I have a DSLR, and it's about time I figured out how to use it in something other than auto mode. I have no grand illusions of becoming a photographer, or investing in lighting equipment, but I want to be able to use it to its capacity, because what is the point in owning a DSLR otherwise?

Last, but not least, 5. Make a pie crust from scratch
This is probably the third or fourth year for me to put this on my resolution list, and admittedly, there are years I never even attempt this. I am intimidated when it comes to dough that needs to be rolled out. Maybe this year I will face that fear.

Yes, this list does not contain anything in regards to eating better, exercising more, or losing weight. As I'm expecting a baby in May, I'm giving myself until next year to worry about that. I know that I don't want to be stressing myself out about my body when I'm sleep deprived and dealing with a newborn.

Welcome 2013! I'm looking forward to seeing what you hold in store! Now I'm off to go read.

No comments:

Post a Comment