Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pink Butterfly's new identity

Purple Butterfly chose her own identity. She likes to pretend to be a purple butterfly and to flap her wings. She likes to pretend that we're a family of butterflies, so it followed that if I would refer to everyone as butterflies. But as Pink Butterfly gets older, she is becoming more and more her own person with her own very unique personality. She's still partial to pink, even more partial to hot pink, but she's also showing a penchant for ladybugs. So, for clarity and honesty and individualism, I will now call Pink Butterfly Pink Ladybug, possibly Ladybug, L, or PL for short. Yet I will stick with an insect theme. Apparently my children are more bookworms in the manner of being book larvae. I don't think that's a term that will catch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment